Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the effective marketing strategies that aims to increase your online presence and visibility within search engine results pages (SERPs) such as Google, Bing and Yahoo. Studies have proven that people usually don’t go beyond the first page of search results and rarely look beyond the first three pages. So it is essential to implement solid strategies in order to appear not only on the first page but within the top three search engine results.
SEO helps you attract targeted traffic that includes serious buyers who are looking for your products or services. If you are looking to grow your customer base and increase revenue, your website is the perfect conductor for this. Schema can optimize your SEO, which in turn will cause an increase in targeted search traffic and hence an increase in lead generation.
What is Schema?
Schema is a type of data markup structure that all of the major search engines are trying to weave into their algorithms. By including Schema markup within your website’s coding, you can significantly improve SEO. This happens by generating “rich snippets” that help search engines index your content and enable your site to be found in SERPs. Schema markup plays a role in improving your visibility in specific search results and increases your click-through rate (CTR).
The result will be an increase in the organic traffic and the number of leads. While the benefits of Schema markup are numerous, the best thing is that it helps to grow your business online. Schema is essentially a system that defines microdata used by the major search engines, reduces redundant work and maximizes exposure.
SEO benefits of using Schema markup
SEO is one of the key elements for the success of your online business. However, what is it that attracts your customers to click on your website? These are the rich schema markups and snippets that attract a substantial amount of qualified online traffic, thus generating increased revenue.
Listed below are some of the key benefits are implementing Schema markup:
- Enhances SEO: When you use Schema markup for categorizing words and phrases in your website’s HTML, it helps the search engine crawlers to understand the content on your pages. This helps your website stand out in the organic search results. Getting a good position in the SERPs beats paid search marketing any day.
- Increases online presence: Schema markup incorporates the use of rich snippets that help increase the online presence in the corresponding SERPs. This helps improve the CTR, thus driving quality traffic to your website.
- Boosts local SEO: Structured data markup is an excellent feature to enhance the local business presence in Google My Business. Supporting your local business with the best search engine features can help boost local SEO, thus providing positive benefits, especially increasing the overall business standards.
- Creates rich snippets: When your website has Schema markup, Google will show snippets in the search results when content from your website is shown in the search results for relevant keywords. These snippets, known as “rich snippets,” are used to make your web pages look better in search results, thus increasing the chance that searchers will click your link.
- Improves website ranking: According to Searchmetrics, web pages with Schema markup rank almost four places higher compared to web pages without Schema markup. In addition, websites related to movies, offers or deals and TV series are more likely to implement Schema markup.
Using Schema is likely to get you more clicks even if your website is not at the top of search results. For instance, your competitor might have Google’s top spot, but if you are at number three, Schema-enhanced rich snippets will attract more eyeballs and may lead to a higher CTR.
Every business can benefit from implementing Schema markup. Whether you are a local business looking to solidify your online reputation or an international business trying to differentiate your products and services, Schema markup can work.