Continuous growth plays a critical role in the success of any online business. The key to constant growth is learning from past performance, monitoring future trends and exploring the existing competitive landscape.
It is essential to understand the intelligence behind winning strategies of your competitors. You will need to dig deeper into why your competitors are outranking you or attracting more followers on social networks. There are a number of SEO tools that can help you monitor not only your website performance but also those of your competitors.
You can try the following competitor research tools to identify the marketing strategies that are driving your competitors’ search rankings. You can use these advanced tools to compare the keywords and search volumes of your competitors and apply the intelligence to improve your SEO and content strategies.
- WP Checkup: This website lets you explore your business website and your competitors’ websites for security, performance and SEO. You can enter any domain in the search box and view category-wise score as well as overall score in each category. This website will suggest measures for increasing your website’s scores and also explore all the areas where your competitors are lacking so you can jump in and seize the opportunity.
- Open Site Explorer: This website allows you to enter a URL and view the backlinks of your competitors. It is also possible to see the most popular pages, domain authority data and a number of established links for a given URL. The basic search is free for all users, but you may have to create an account if you need to run regular searches.
- Google Keyword Planner: Keyword Planner is a tool in Google Adwords that helps users search for specific keywords in their SEO strategy. Using this tool, users can view how many times a particular keyword was used in organic searches. However, you will need a Google Adwords account to use Keyword Planner.
- SEMRush: This is a one-stop shop for competitor analysis. This tool provides a detailed overview of your SEO, including tips on how to attract more traffic. It also provides comprehensive reports on paid advertisements, social media metrics, backlinks and engagement in your content. Despite the enormous volume of analytics, the tool’s dashboard is well-organized and easy to understand. This tool is used by some of the world’s most popular companies, including eBay, Amazon and Disney.
- Ahrefs: A popular tool for competitor analysis and SEO, Ahrefs comes packed with a multitude of features. You can research keywords, monitor your traffic and explore your competitors’ backlinks, view popular posts and compare organic traffic. One of the best features of this tool is its vast database of websites that is updated daily. Ahrefs includes billions of data entries to ensure you get accurate analytics.
- Majestic: This website is claimed to have the most comprehensive database of websites, social media profiles and popular posts. This tool also provides extensive information on backlinks, trust ranking and content performance. While other similar tools crawl a few billion websites every day, Majestic crawls hundreds of billions of websites, many times a day. So far, Majestic has crawled over three trillion posts and web pages.
One of the most difficult aspects of keeping your business competitive is ensuring your website performs well and converts visitors into customers. Any one of the tools mentioned above can help you plan a strategy to give you the competitive edge.