A pay-per-click (PPC) campaign, if executed effectively, can be a profitable tool for your business. It can be a wonderful way to reach out to potential customers who are likely interested in your offerings. However, in order to reap the desired results, it is critical that your PPC campaign is implemented thoughtfully.
Here are six best practices for creating an effective PPC campaign:
- Establish conversion tracking: It is important to measure your PPC efforts, and this can be done by installing tracking pixels on your web pages. Before you start with PPC ads, you should add a conversion code to your website for analyzing your campaigns. This will allow you to understand which ads are bringing you closer to conversions. Conversion pixels make an analysis of your PPC campaigns more specific by offering valuable insights on the ads that make sales easier.
- Focus on relevant keywords: Keyword research is one of the most critical steps when planning a PPC campaign. Good-quality and relevant keywords are not the same for every industry or business, or even every PPC campaign. The most relevant keywords may not be the most popular, but they will have the best chances of converting visitors to leads.
- Understand your target audience: It is important to understand your target audience before initiating a PPC campaign. Once you understand what your target audience demands, it will be easier to create the right content for them. It might be useful to develop buyer personas that will help you understand your audience’s preferences in order to create effective ads that lead to higher conversion rates.
- Create landing pages that match your ads: Your PPC ads should lead to relevant landing pages so that the audience gets the correct information after clicking the ads. The landing pages should include information about the product, FAQs, instructions for ordering the product and after-sales service options.
- Focus on ad graphics: A successful PPC ad campaign requires not just compelling content but also an appealing graphic. As online searchers become more accustomed to visual content, a relevant graphic can significantly improve the effectiveness of your ads. It would be helpful if the graphic could create an association with the product or your company. However, visual appeal alone cannot increase conversions if the graphic is irrelevant to the product.
- Consider mobile optimization: As more and more online searchers are spending time on mobile devices, your ads need to be optimized for mobile devices, as well. We often talk of mobile-friendly websites, but optimizing your ads for mobile devices is just as important. In order to mobile-optimize your PPC ad, pay attention to the content, graphics and landing pages for your ads. Once you initiate your campaign, an analysis of the lead conversions can indicate whether users are finding the ad interesting enough to click it.
By implementing best practices for your PPC campaigns, you can ensure the traffic converts well and that your campaign is successful. Any business owner can benefit from a well-thought-out, strategic PPC campaign. However, be careful to keep your ads and your marketing message aligned, and you will notice a significant improvement in your bottom line.