In order to grow your business, it is important to continue to acquire new customers and retain existing ones. An established and growing customer base is the lifeblood of your company, and to do so effectively, you will need to understand the needs of your customers and develop innovative techniques to attract and retain them.
Have a look at the following strategies that will enable you to market your business and attract and retain more customers:
- Identify your target customers: It is easier to search for and acquire customers if you know your target consumers. It is important to have a clear picture in your head of exactly who you are targeting. In order to attract them, think about what makes them happy and relieved, and then reflect on how your products and services can make their lives easier.
- Know your unique qualities: The secret is to understand the needs and desires of your target customers. It could be price, location, quality or responsiveness to problems. Now relate this information to your products. Examine what sets your business above the competitors. In the corporate world, it is essential to have a USP.
- Encourage referrals from existing customers: Referrals from existing customers endorsing your business are the most efficient way of getting new customers. So, if a customer is happy with your products or services, ask them to recommend your business to other potential customers. You can consider offering incentives, such as a discount off their next order, every time an existing customer points a new customer in your direction.
- Engage with your customers: Live chat is an excellent way to engage with your online customers. According to a study by Forrester, live chat is favored by 44 percent of customers who connect with operators online. Customers seem to prefer live chat because it allows them to get answers to their questions instantly. Live chat is helpful not only in engaging more customers but also for improving customer satisfaction scores.
- Offer loyalty rewards: Rewarding loyal customers will not only help to retain them, but it also can help you expand your customer base. You can consider offering a discount to regular clients, or even a gift. Offering even a small free item can likely have a great impact on your future profit potential.
- Train your staff: Every single one of your employees must understand your brand’s mission and they must be continually trained to understand your customers better. Your employees must be trained to exceed customer expectations every single time, without exception. Your business must implement a zero-tolerance policy for outstanding service.
- Use customer satisfaction surveys: In order to make the survey more effective, use a short survey for reaching out to your customers right after they have done business with your company and ask them about their experience. If you find any rating less than outstanding or excellent, try to reach out to the customer to determine how you can make their experience better.
Three key lessons for attracting and retaining customers
- Identify your target customers, and think of various ways to reach them.
- It is better to target a smaller number of the right customers than a greater number of wrong customers.
- Always provide exceptional service to your customers. Listen to their needs and try to exceed their expectations.