Do you have a business website? Are you happy with the marketing role played by your website? Your business website is your home base. It not only helps you generate leads but also plays an important role in search engine optimization. Therefore, irrespective of the size of your business, your website should be at the heart of your content marketing strategy. However, a lot of businesses consider websites as a “cost to the business.”
In this article, let’s explore some of the popular strategies for turning your business website into a content marketing magnet.
1. Know your customers: Before you start creating content for your website, you’ll need to know the needs and expectations of your target customers. One of the best ways to know your customers is to create a detailed persona for your ideal customer. By creating a persona, you’ll be able to give a personality to the customers you’re trying to reach. It’s easier to create content for someone you know than for a stranger.
2. Create a content strategy: First of all, you’ll need to publish content regularly in order to attract customers. Your single-point focus should be to add customers to your mailing list, reap the SEO benefits and allow visitors to share your content on social media. Your next step is to think about what kind of content will possibly attract your ideal customer. In your articles, you can talk about the benefits of your products and services, publish success stories, address your customers’ concerns and help them make an informed decision.
3. Address customers’ concerns: In order to create magnetic content that attracts more visitors, you’ll need to know some of the common problems faced by your target customers and offer solutions accordingly. Such content will easily become relevant to your customers. Your customers’ problems will become fodder for your content marketing strategy. The more you solve their problems, the better your SERP ranking will become.
4. Keep the content updated: You just can’t have “write it and forget it” content strategy. In addition to constantly monitoring social shares, web traffic and SEO results, you should monitor your website content for the most-searched keywords. Outdated content will drive your target customers away and can even damage your brand image. Make a conscious effort to keep the content updated and to add fresh content regularly. Also, you should review your existing website content at least three times a year for accuracy and relevance and delete or update any content that is outdated or irrelevant.
5. Take advantage of blogging: Do you ever land on the homepage of a website when you search the Internet for a particular question? Hardly ever. Most likely you’ll land on a blog post that has been written covering the particular keyword you searched for. Blog articles usually rank well in search engines because they allow businesses to answer specific problems. You must consider blogging in order to leverage the full potential of your website and to attract more visitors.