What’s Worse Than Having Negative Online Reviews? No Online Reviews.

Posted on by

Here is some food for your thought:

  • More than 92 percent of customers may not make a purchase if they do not see positive online reviews about that product.
  • Nearly 97 percent of customers agree that the number or ratio of positive and negative online reviews influences their buying decisions.
  • For more than 73 percent of customers, written reviews are more valuable than word-of-mouth recommendation or star ratings.

This data reveals that customers want to see positive online reviews for your products and services, and they look for customers’ experiences and problems, your solutions to those problems, the quality of your products and service and much more.

No reviews is a bigger problem

The only thing worse than having negative online reviews is having no online reviews at all. According to various reports, while 8 percent of customers may not care if you have no online reviews, the remaining 92 percent do care. When you do not have any online customer reviews, you unconsciously create a barrier between your business and potential customers. Your potential customers will start to wonder if something is wrong with your business and products. However, that is not the only reason why you should request your existing customers to leave online reviews. Here are some more:

  1. Online reviews impact your search rankings: Fresh and unique content about your business will attract the attention of search engines like Google, Bing, etc. You must encourage your existing customers to post online reviews about your business, and it will strengthen your SEO ranking, which will help generate more traffic to your website.
  2. Drive new leads: Major search engines like Google and Bing allow customers to see what others are saying about your products and services. If potential customers see your existing customers vouching for you, it may increase sales without any additional investment in marketing campaigns.
  3. Help you understand customers’ problems: By encouraging your customers to write an online review, you will enable them to share their experience with you. Online reviews will help you understand your customers’ perception of your brand, products and areas of improvement.
  4. Attract new customers: Online reviews, especially positive ones, will help you expand your reach. When your current customers are posting reviews, they are conveying your message to a wider range of people, thus creating a new customer base for your products.
  5. Boost customer loyalty: There is a certain level of trust you give to your customers when you request them to post reviews. While it motivates you to give them your best service, your customers also appreciate your initiatives for growing this relationship.
  6. Reviews attract more reviews: When you broadcast positive online reviews across all of your social media channels, it motivates other customers to post reviews, as well. It encourages them to become part of your conversation, which boosts sales and increases revenue.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *